07 Aug Infallible tricks so that your house smells clean, always!
Essential oils, aromatic plants, and even coffee beans are several of the solutions to overcome bad odors. Follow our tricks so that our house smells clean and has healthy air!
The house is clean is essential to achieve a pleasant atmosphere. The solution is not to “cover” bad odors with chemical air fresheners, you have to clean and renew the indoor air.
You can start ventilating daily. 10 minutes is enough to air the house. And if you can create cross ventilation, even better. In addition, there are many home tricks such as cleaning the floor well and making your house smell better.
Another trick: so that the aroma of natural air fresheners is distributed throughout the house, place them next to the windows: the current will circulate them. If you want to know many more tips so that your house always smells clean, do not miss these below!
Tricks so that your house always smells clean
A Spray Bottle
Fill it with water and add a few drops of the essential oil that you like the most. Stir before use. You can also use lemon juice: dissolve two tablespoons of baking soda in hot water and add half a glass of juice. Let it cool down.
The most common essential oil diffusers consist of a candle that heats a base into which the essential oils are poured. The oil evaporates due to the effect of the heat of the candle and spreads its fragrance throughout the environment. Of course: never leave it on when you leave the house. There are also electric ones, with a tank in which to pour water and along with a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
Take Care Of The Sink
Heat a cup of vinegar, add coarse salt and bicarbonate of soda and pour into the sink. Let it act for half an hour and rinse with hot water. The sink will smell better and, in addition, you will unclog the pipes. If these give off bad odors, pour hot water in which you have boiled citrus peels.
Lavender has many flavoring properties. One way to take advantage of them is to cut the lavender before its flowers wither. Tie the stems together and hang them upside down in a dry, dark place for a month.
You can also make bags of dried lavender, which are a great decorative option that, in addition, will serve to scent the house, being very useful to store inside the closet and drawers. In its elaboration, choose the fabric that you like the most to make the bag and cut it into squares of the size you want, and introduce the dried lavender inside. To close the package, all you have to do is tie all the ends with a decorative ribbon or a cord of your choice.
Flowers All Over The House
It is one of the most effective and decorative ways to enjoy a pleasant smell.
- With dried flowers: Make centers with potpourris and put a few drops of essence on them when you notice that they have lost their aroma.
- With fresh flower bouquets: Choose fragrant flowers like daffodils, roses, jasmine, or gardenias.
Expel Bad Odors From The Room
Textiles absorb bad odors. Sprinkle baking soda on rugs and leave overnight before vacuuming. Wash the curtains often and hang them slightly damp to give off the fabric softener smell.
With steam, it’s much faster. You can use the steamer to remove wrinkles from the curtains and, incidentally, the bad smell of the curtains without having to take them down.
Good Aroma In The Cabinets
- Do not store garments without washing or airing as they leave their smell in the closet and are preferred by moths.
- Lavender flowers, in bags, are the best choice in cupboards and drawers: with a pleasant fragrance, they are effective against moths.
- Put bars of soap between the white clothes. Inside its packaging, they do not dirty it and give it a pleasant aroma. In the drawers, you can also put scented stones or wood that they sell in bags.
- with apples Dry your peelings in the sun and place them in bags in the closet accompanied by cinnamon sticks.
- With aromatic. Lavender, thyme, rosemary, mint… A sprig of any aromatic inside the closet will make it smell good.
- Avoid the bad smell of shoes with a little baking soda. Sprinkle the inside of it with it and leave it to act for a few days before shaking it out. Always keep them dry and perfectly clean inside boxes with the anti-humidity bags that come in the box when you buy them.
- Cedarwood has a pleasant aroma and is also capable of neutralizing bad odors inside the closet. For this reason, many firms make cedar cabinets. You can put bags with balls or cedar sticks inside. Also, take a fabric that you like, that is breathable like cotton. Place the cedar in the center of the fabric cutout. Finally, place a ribbon around it, make a bow and insert it inside a drawer or hanging from a hanger, and even on a shelf or doorknob.
You may like to read CLEAN THE KITCHEN: TIPS AND TRICKS